Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hit and Run

Well I didn't get to keep him for long, Huston arrived on Tuesday afternoon and was gone by Thursday at noon, but we crammed a lot into that short time and still had a great time. It was so good to see him and spend time with him. And it was even better to see him meet Danny and work with him. By the time he left, Huston had worked with Danny twice and already had us started on both leading him and tying him. Danny liked Huston immediately and I'm not at all surprised. Huston is 86 years old and still riding and training horses and he is the most knowledgeable horseman I've ever known. He tells me to work with the horses every day because I will learn far more from experience and observation than I will ever learn from a book. Huston himself is a wealth of information and knowledge; I wish I could have kept him with us for several months and even then, we would probably just barely tap all that he could teach us about horses.




I forgot to add that Huston thinks Danny is the finest MFT foal he's ever seen in all of his years of breeding and raising foals. I have to agree but then we all know how biased I am when it comes to my Danny Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment