Friday, June 4, 2010

First Accident

Ok, he has had the usual little boy scraped shins and tumbles from those still too long, stilt legs. I've long held however that if there is something in a pasture that can hurt them, a horse will find it. We tried our best to "baby proof" his paddock but Danny proved yesterday that we hadn't done a very good job of it. I'm still not sure what the offending weapon was but something sliced a two inch gash in his neck. When I first saw the blood, it blended in so well with the color of his coat that I thought that Mouse had just dribbled on him after getting a drink of water. But I pulled apart his hair and there was the cut. It is thankfully a clean cut and very straight. It won't need stitches and shouldn't leave a scar. I'm flushing it twice a day with saline wash and then applying that "good ol' sticky yellow stuff" which I know has a correct and technical name but don't ask me to remember it. All I know is that it keeps the flies away and will have our boy healed up in no time flat....and ready for his next accident which I'm sure is coming. I just hope that all of his injuries are this easy to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment