Monday, February 13, 2012

Prayers

Huston with Mouse in 2009
Prayers for my dear friend, Huston Jenkins. As most of you know, he had a stroke the day after Thanksgiving. He's had one small stroke since but he seemed fully recovered except for exhaustion by the next morning when I called and talked to him. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed a very positive improvement in both his speech and his activity level. He seemed to be trying so hard to get better. I'd told him that I was bringing Dan out to Missouri to visit with him this Spring. He was determined that he not only would be able to ride Dan when he came but that he would be able to train him as he'd planned to do this past Fall. I wasn't so certain but I still didn't want to discourage him because this small idea seemed to have really increased his desire to recover. Over the last two weeks, he's been working with his horses or at  least visiting with them every day possible. Last Saturday, he received a black eye from an overly enthusiastic young horse that was happy to see him and knocked him down. I read about this incident on his son's Facebook page and I also read that he'd looked at some photos of my horses (all but the oldest and youngest use to be his and he claims at least half of youngest, Danny) that I'd posted for him to see. I called last night to check on his injuries and to talk to him about the photos but I called too late and he was getting ready for church. I was planning on calling him back today and it was when I started to call that I saw all of the missed messages from Missouri. Huston had another stroke late last night and the prognosis is not good. He's been having seizures and he's awake but unresponsive. I dearly love this man. He is the best horseman and best guy I've ever known. Please remember him in your prayers today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment