Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Red Riley

Riley is the sweetest horse but he tends to be a bit standoffish by nature. That makes it even sweeter when he does what he did last night. Mouse was in one of her affectionate moods so after feeding them all, I crossed the fence again and went over to her and gave her a hug and scratched her withers. Danny was eating with her and he starts nuzzling me and rubbing his nose up and down my arm. That is sweet but it's more, "I don't want you noticing anyone but me," than it is true affection because when I turned to hug his neck he ignored me. Then I walked over and hugged Django who always checking to see if you brought him any treats. Danny followed and did the same notice me and then I'll ignore you routine, lol. I then walked hesitantly over to Riley because usually just approaching him makes him either walk away or turn his back to you but this time he looked up at me and I said softly, "Riley, I'm just going to give you a little hug." I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my nose in his sweet mane. He didn't pull away at all. Instead, he hugged me back, gently wrapping his neck and head around my body and holding me close to him. That really made my heart smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment